Sports

Jeffrey Epstein list: Second batch of court documents unsealed after associates including Trump and Clinton unmasked


Which big names are on Epstein’s list?

Nineteen new court documents expected to contain information on associates of late paedophile Jeffrey Epstein have been released as part of the second round of recently unsealed material.

The Independent is currently examining the new documents.

Attorneys for disgraced socialite Ghislaine Maxwell – who was previously convicted of sex-trafficking – issued a statement after the first batch of forty court documents, which named individuals including former US presidents Donald Trump and Bill Clinton – were made public on Wednesday.

The court filings are contained in a now-settled defamation lawsuit brought against Ghislaine Maxwell by Epstein victim Virginia Giuffre in 2015 after she branded her a liar over her claims that she was sexually abused as a minor.

In December, US judge Loretta Preska ordered that the documents must finally be unsealed and the people known only as “John and Jane Does” named.

More than 150 associates of the disgraced paedophile are expected to be unmasked as the trove of documents is released over the coming days.

The documents name Mr Trump and Mr Clinton on multiple occasions but at no point accuse either of any wrongdoing. Prince Andrew is also named multiple times.

1704414247

Maxwell claimed journalist helped Virginia Giuffre ‘concoct’ allegations against Prince Andrew

Disgraced British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell claimed a journalist helped Virginia Giuffre “concoct” sexual assault allegations against the Duke of York, the new batch of documents has revealed.

The documents, made public on Thursday evening, also claim that attorney Alan Dershowitz and acted as a “friend.”

In one document from 2016 Maxwell’s lawyers made submissions that journalist Sharon Churcher should be compelled to give evidence as part of the case. Ms Churcher was the sole source of regarding the original Epstein story from Giuffre, according to the response filing.

“She was actively and personally involved in changing those stories over time and in the creation and addition of new salacious details about public figures, including the fabrication of Alan Dershowitz’s alleged sexual relations with Plaintiff,” the document said.

As well as Prince Andrew and Mr Dershowitz, the second tranche of documents contained more mentions of former president Bill Clinton.

Mike Bedigan5 January 2024 00:24

1704413588

Second batch of Jeffrey Epstein documents is unsealed

A second batch of court documents – containing more than 300 pages stemming from a 2015 litigation between Virginia Giuffre and Ghislaine Maxwell – were unsealed on Thursday evening.

Andrea Blanco has the story:

Mike Bedigan5 January 2024 00:13

1704412808

WATCH: Epstein list: Bill Clinton, Prince Andrew named

Epstein list: Bill Clinton, Prince Andrew named

Andrea Blanco5 January 2024 00:00

1704412546

19 more Epstein court documents unsealed

Nineteen more court documents detailing associates of late paedophile Jeffrey Epstein have been unsealed.

The Independent is currently examining the newly released material.

Mike Bedigan4 January 2024 23:55

1704410427

Giuffre lawyer: ‘Unsealing of Epstein documents gets us closer to our goal’

Sigrid McCawley, attorney for Virginia Giuffre, said that the unsealing of the Epstein documents “gets us closer to the goal” of shutting down sex-trafficking “wherever it exists” and holding those responsible to account.

In a statement, Ms McCawley said that though some questions about how Epstein’s global trafficking enterprise had been answered, many still remained.

“Going back to the summer of 2019 when the Second Circuit Court of Appeals issued its important ruling concerning access to documents in our client Virginia Giuffre’s defamation case against the now tried and convicted Ghislaine Maxwell and when the now late Jeffrey Epstein was arrested in dramatic fashion, the world has been on watch,” she said.

“The public has wondered and many have rightly demanded to know how Epstein operated his vast, global sex trafficking enterprise and got away with it for decades.

“Questions of who enabled and facilitated him and who participated in an operation that resulted in unspeakable harm and devastation to the lives of countless girls and young women quickly surfaced. Some of those questions have been answered; many have not. Some justice for the survivors has, indeed, been achieved; not nearly enough as hoped for and deserved.

“The public interest must still be served in learning more about the scale and scope of Epstein’s racket to further the important goal of shutting down sex trafficking wherever it exists and holding more to account. The unsealing of these documents gets us closer to that goal.”

Mike Bedigan4 January 2024 23:20

1704409208

The alleged associates of Jeffrey Epstein: Names by numbers

She is asked about meeting guests at Epstein’s residence, including Star Wars creator George Lucas – who is mentioned once – and actor Kevin Spacey, who is mentioned twice. Ms Sjoberg says she does not remember meeting either man.

She also does not remember meeting British supermodel Naomi Campbell, who is named once in the documents.

Late King of Pop Michael Jackson is also named twice, after Ms Sjolberg is asked if she met “anybody famous” while with Epstein. She said she did meet Jackson.

Mike Bedigan4 January 2024 23:00

1704407318

Bill Clinton spokesperson denies former president’s ties with Epstein

“It’s been nearly 20 years since President Clinton last had contact with Epstein,” Clinton spokesperson Angel Ureña said in a statement to PEOPLE.

“President Clinton knows nothing about the terrible crimes Jeffrey Epstein pleaded guilty to in Florida some years ago, or those with which he has been recently charged in New York.”

Andrea Blanco4 January 2024 22:28

1704405436

Alan Dershowitz files motion in support of request by Miami Herald to unseal additional docket

On Thursday, The Miami Herald and reporter Julie Brown – whose reporting helped uncover the extent of Epstein’s trafficking ring and how he evaded justice for years – filed a motion for the unsealing of docket 1026-3.

According to the filing, that specific docket will bring clarity as to how Jane and Jhon Does, whose names remain sealed, line up with the disclosed individuals in each of the unsealed filings on Wednesday.

“Without this list, Intervenors and the public are puzzling together the Court’s ruling with each of the unsealed documents to match the identities of each of the third parties with the Court’s ruling,” an excerpt of the Herald’s motion reads. “Many of the documents contain references to multiple Does, which makes this more challenging.”

Mr Dershowitz, who is mentioned a total of 137 times in the documents made public so far and is accused of serious allegations, also filed a motion in support of the Herald’s request.

“Dershowitz has long advocated for unsealing and transparency in this matter,” he wrote in the filing. “To circumvent potential reporting inaccuracies and misplaced assumptions, the unsealing of Docket Entry 1026-3 will be beneficial to the Intervenors, media, and public alike, and will assist with the free flow of information into the public domain in accordance with the Court’s prior Order(s) pertaining to unsealing.”

Mr Dershowitz has strongly denied allegations in the court filings that he had sex with an underage girl. In a video response on Wednesday night, he said he merely had a professional relationship with Epstein as his attorney.

Andrea Blanco4 January 2024 21:57

1704402653

Jeffrey Epstein offered reward to disprove claims Stephen Hawking took part in orgy

Jeffrey Epstein told his accomplice Ghislaine Maxwell that she could offer a financial reward to friends of his accuser Virginia Giuffre if they could help prove her allegation that Stephen Hawking had engaged in an underage orgy was false.

The email, sent to disgraced British socialite Maxwell, read: “You can issue a reward to any of Virginia’s friends, acquaints, family that come forward and help prove her allegations are false. The strongest is the Clinton dinner, and the new version in the Virgin Islands that Stephen Hawking participated in an underage orgy.”

(New York Southern District Court )

Andrea Blanco4 January 2024 21:10

1704401408

George Santos makes quip about unsealing of Epstein documents

Following the highly anticipated unsealing of a trove of documents relating to Jeffrey Epstein, disgraced former Congressman George Santos

“Marked safe from being on Porn Jet and on sex island,” Mr Santons tweeted, seemingly referencing Epstein’s private jet, known to the press as “Lolita Express,” and Epstein’s secluded private island Little St James, which victims say operated as the headquarters of his international sex trafficking ring.

Back when he was a Congressional candidate in 2020, Mr Santos claimed he had Epstein. He also entertained debunked conspiracy theories claiming that Epstein was murdered.

The Office of the New York Medical Examiner found that Epstein died by suicide inside his prison cell while awaiting trial.

“I met Epstein in a couple of private equity conferences,” Mr Santos said on The Rory Sauter Show podcast. “I’ve never dealt with him personally, but I’ve met him, I’ve seen him.”

Andrea Blanco4 January 2024 20:50



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button