World

Dozens of dead with an attack on 3 villages in West Burkina Faso news


Radio France International said that about 200 people in Burkina Faso were killed last Thursday in attacks by gunmen on 3 villages in the west of Soro.

According to several local certificates, the attacks were carried out by gunmen on the region’s residents a few days after the departure of the regular army forces, who was chasing armed groups and pushing them to the border with Mali.

According to field sources, most of the people who have recently joined the “self -defense groups” fighting alongside government forces.

Although an agreement was concluded between the residents of Soro and the armed groups stipulating the armistice and lack of attack, the militants accused the villages of working with the government and supporting the army.

This attack comes a week after bloody confrontations between the militants and government forces, which killed a number of soldiers.

Last March, gunmen carried out a massacre in the Solinzo area, which killed more than 50 people from Fulan nationalism, and it is believed that self -defense groups were behind them.

Although the government said it has controlled more than 71% of its territory, armed attacks against civilians and the army have increased in the recent period significantly.

The coast region in West Africa is witnessing the increasing armed operations and the high rate of organized crime for several years.

The coalition of the coast countries, which includes Burkina Faso, Mali and Niger, is working to activate the common force to fight terrorism, which last month announced that it became ready.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button